|Client Assistance Coordinator:
The St. Vincent de Paul Society, a lay, non-profit organization, is a private, nonprofit organization, 501(c) 3. Founded in the Buffalo area in 1847, it is the oldest continuously-active charity in WNY. Our members and volunteers are dedicated to serving the needy of Western New York and take an active role in caring for the poor in our community. Averages of 160 people daily are served a noon meal four days a week at our Main Street facility. We provide clothing and furniture assistance to clients from our discount store at little or no cost to those in need. We also take referrals from other social service agencies that lack the resources to provide physical needs to those they deal with during the course of their routines.
The Client Assistance Coordinator is responsible for providing intake and referral services to clients who visit our office at 1298 Main St. or contact us on the phone. The Client Assistance Coordinator will help clients by assessing their situation and needs, helping them set goals, making referrals to other service providers as needed and when appropriate, providing direct assistance by issuing furniture/clothing vouchers for the SVDP Thrift Store and providing food bags to clients. This can be either a full time position, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, or part time between the hours of 10 and 3, Monday through Friday.
- Passion for the mission of St. Vincent de Paul
- Greets clients in front office and takes calls from those in need of help from SVDP.
- Screens clients to determine the nature of client’s situation and whether we can provide assistance.
- Interviews clients to help them assess their greatest needs.
- Assists clients as they explore options and goals; helps client organize action plan if needed.
- Provides referrals to community resources and assists clients with contacting resources and making appointments.
- Refers clients to SVDP Conferences as appropriate and explains the referral process to clients.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with other community resources.
- Provides direct assistance to clients when needed by issuing vouchers to the SVDP Thrift Store and providing bags of food.
- Maintains confidential records of each case by documenting client’s situation and plan of action.
- Performs periodic follow-up with clients to determine progress and provide assistance if needed.
- Regularly visits the SVDP Dining Room and Thrift Store to assist clients as needed.
- Exhibits an understanding of and follows the SVDP Mission and Values when helping those in need.
- Maintains client confidentiality and provides service in a respectful manner.
- Prepares monthly summary reports for the CEO.
- Assists the Office Manager with general office duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related Human Services field is a plus but not mandatory.
- One year experience in human services a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and active listening skills.
- Empathetic and positive attitude with clients; ability to deal with a diverse client population.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills.
- Team player; works well with all SVDP staff.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
Starting salary is contingent on experience and skill set. Benefits include health insurance with dental and vision coverage and paid holidays and vacations.
Please submit your resume to: Mr. Mark Zirnheld, Society of St. Vincent de Paul, 1298 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14209 or online to email@example.com.
Download Printable PDF